Monday, January 25, 2010

Peas, peas me, whoa yeah, Like I peas you...

Just because you can buy frozen peas and ping them in the microwave, doesn't mean you can't know how to cook them for real.

17/01/2010

PEAS, GREEN, BOILED

INGREDIENTS. - 2 pints of green peas
mint
butter
salt and pepper

METHOD. - Shell the peas, put them into boiling water, add a little salt and a sprig of mint, and boil, with the saucepan uncovered, from 10 to 25 minutes, according to age and variety.
Drain well, put them into a hot vegetable dish, season with pepper, add a small piece of butter, and serve.

TIME. - From 10 to 25 minutes. SUFFICIENT for 6 or 7 persons

2 comments:

23SkidooWithYou said...

An Ode to Peas...

"I eat peas with honey, I've done it all my life. They do taste rather funny, but it keeps them on the knife."

Recited from memory, taken from a 1970's book of children's poems gifted by my Great Aunt Loretta.

Packrat said...

fresh peas and new potatoes - yum!