This dip is the best thing ever at a party. Everyone loves it (even those that claim they don't like refried beans, or avocado or etc.) and some just sit right in front of it stuffing heavily laden corn chips in their mouths.
Allegedly, this an old Tupperware recipe, designed for a special Tupperware container that is 22cm X 32cm - which may affect the proportions of the layers, but I have made it in other containers and it's still delicious so have at it.
It basically tastes like tacos - which are awesome - so what could be better than having a massive taco to share with all of your friends.
530g tin refried beans (although I think this size is made up - I just get the largest one I can which I think is slightly smaller)
1/2 cup taco sauce
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 250g block Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tbs mayonnaise
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 large avocado (seeded and peeled)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tomato (seeded and diced)
1/2 cup sliced pitted olives
1/2 cup sliced shallotts
1. In a large bowl, stir refried beans, taco sauce and several dashes of tabasco (if desired).
2. Spread the refried bean mixture evenly on the bottom and sides of large rectangular container. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the bean layer. (If you forget the cheese here, its fine.)
3. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and garlic powder. Beat with electric mixer on med speed until smooth.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the bean/cheese layer.
5. Cut avocado into small pieces. Blend in blender/food processer with onion and lemon juice until combined.
6. Spread the avocado mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.
7. Sprinkle avocado layer with chopped tomato, sliced olives, sliced shallotts and remaining cheese. If desired, drizzle with additional taco sauce. Cover and chill.
8. Serve with corn chips
My mouth is just drooling thinking about this dip - now I'm hungry!